No allergy wrinkle filler and lip augmentation.
Juvederm is a next generation hyaluronic acid dermal filler that provides a smooth, long-lasting correction of facial wrinkles and folds. Juvederm dermal fillers are the latest advance in dermal filler options from Allergan, the makers of BOTOX® Cosmetic.
Juvederm is the only hyaluronic acid dermal filler developed using a proprietary, technologically advanced manufacturing process that results in a malleable smooth gel that flows easily into the skin, creating a smooth, natural look and feel. In addition, Juvederm contains the highest concentration of non-animal, cross linked hyaluronic acid of any dermal filler currently available. These unique attributes provide optimal results with a single treatment in the majority of patients and deliver sustained results for up to six months or longer. The U.S. Food and Drug Administartion (FDA) approved three different formulations for JUVEDERM, providing physicians with the flexibility to tailor each treatment to the particular needs of the patient. The active ingredient in JUVEDERM dermal filler, hyaluronic acid, is a naturally occurring, biodegradable complex sugar found in the human body and in all living organisims. Among other things, hyaluronic acid hydrates the skin and adds volume, contributing to the overall appearance of the skin.
Juvederm is a clear, soft gel that smoothly fills skin wrinkles and enhances lips for a natural appearance. Since it is so similar to your own tissue, there is no need for a sensitivity test.
Results are immediate with minimal recovery time.
Juvederm is available in different strengths, your physician will determine which one is the most suitable for you.
Juvederm is quite similar to Restylane but has some differences in the structure of the product regarding “cross-linking”. This may make it the longest-lasting hyaluronic acid filler on the US market today. Juvederm comes in different strengths, all of which are indicated for correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds.
What areas will Juvederm improve?
- Lip borders, vertical lip lines and wrinkles
- Superficial forehead lines and crow’s feet
- Thinning lips (for increased volume – referred to as lip augmentation or lip enhancement)
- Deep folds on the sides of the mouth
- Marionette lines on sides of lip down to chin
- Glabellar lines between the brows
What is Hyaluronic Acid?
Hyaluronic Acid is a natural substance found throughout all living organisms. by its nature hyaluronic acid retains water like a sponge — absorbing more than 1,000 times its weight. This helps to attract and maintain water within the extracellular space, hydrating your skin and increasing its volume and density. In addition, hyaluronic acid binds with collagen and elastin and transports essential nutrients to these fibers. The triple combination of collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid provides structure, elasticity and volume to your skin and contributes to its overall appearance. This is what gives a baby such firm beautiful-appearing skin.
As the skin ages and is exposed to environmental pollutants and ultraviolet rays, the cells lose the ability to produce hyaluronic acid. As a result, the skin begins to lose volume, often resulting in the formation of facial wrinkles and folds. Dermal fillers composed of crossed-linked hyaluronic acid are used to help temporarily replace lost hyaluronic acid and to restore skin volume and a smooth, natural appearance
What does cross-linking do?
In its natural form, hyaluronic acid metabolizes in the body in just 12 hours. Cross-linking refers to a process in which the individual chains of hyaluronic acid are chemically bound (or “cross-linked”) together, transforming the liquid hyaluronic acid into a soft solid, or “gel.” The firmness of the gel depends on the degree of cross-linking of the individual hyaluronic acid chains. The body metabolizes cross-linked hyaluronic acid more slowly , so cross-linked Hyaluronic Acid products such as Juvederm and Restylane last much longer in the body.
Suggested Pre-Treatment Tips
Avoid anti-inflammatory agents such as ibuprofen, aspirin, some herbal medications, vitamin E and aspirin, and red wine several days prior to treatment. Please check with your primary physician before stopping any of your recommended medications.
- Limit alcohol for 24 hours after treatment
- No increased blood pressure or body temperature (i.e. sauna, hot tub, exercise, cardio) for 4 hours post treatment in order to help prevent bruising
- Avoid excessive facial expressions and strenuous exercise for 4 hours after your treatment. (This helps the product to “settle” without disturbing the location where it was injected.)
- Side effects can occur at the injection site and are usually mild to moderate lasting 7 days or less. Temporary injection site reactions and may include redness, pain, firmness, swelling and bumps following the procedure.
- There is a risk of bruising which is only temporary and can be covered up with make-up after the first day.